Great Financial Habits To Help You Get A Great Credit Score
Want a great credit score? You can have it by getting into the same financial habits as those who already maintain a great credit score! Here's the scoop on some easy changes in your routine that will seriously make a difference in your credit health on paper.
Even when you need money, loans that are reported to credit agencies can hurt your score. So we put together a list of simple changes that will quickly bring you closer to that credit card approval, car loan, or even home mortgage you've been longing for, plus tips for using payday loans to avoid taking traditional loans that may hurt your score.
Smart Habits to Build A Great Credit Score
Create A Presence In The Credit Reporting World
If you have a credit card that you don't use, start using it! In other words, rather than using cash, a debit card, or internet money services like PayPal, dust off that credit card and use it instead. Get into these habits:
- Use your credit card to get gas and buy groceries.
- Use it for online purchases.
- Use it at the doctor's office.
You need to be "on the map" in the credit universe before you can achieve a great credit score. If none of the credit reporting agencies have a file on you or their reports show almost no history on you, this will keep your score low.
NOTE: If you don't have a credit card, get one. It doesn't matter if it has an annual fee or a high interest rate. Since you won't be carrying a balance, the rate won't hurt you. To improve your credit, you simply need to have a credit card.
Prove You Pay Back Your Debts On Time
When you pay with a credit card, and then pay off the balance in full at the end of each monthly bill cycle, you will significantly improve your credit score.
Sure, you can pay the "minimum balance," but that will only get you an okay credit score. For a great credit score, get into these habits:
- Pay your bill on time.
- Pay the full balance due.
- If you can't pay the full balance, at least pay 80% of it (The percentage of debt that you have on your available credit is a major factor in determining credit scores)
Two Final Important Habits
- Avoid applying for credit unless it is absolutely necessary. When people frequently apply for credit, especially in the form of store credit cards or payment plans on large purchases, those applications show up on your credit reports as negatives even if you're approved! And the more applications you make, the more your score plummets. If you want a great credit score, keep things simple. Get a major credit card (with rewards if you can), a car or home loan, and one major store card, like Target or Amazon. Your smart handling of these will get you to a great credit score. So, get out of the habit of applying for credit just to see if you get it. It will hurt you.
- Maintain a great credit score by checking your credit report at least every six months to be sure that no one has opened accounts in your name. If they have, IMMEDIATELY file a dispute, and notify all credit reporting agencies of the fraud.
Overall, you need to be sure that only your legitimate loans are showing up on your reports and that you are paying off your balances on time.
Title Loans Are Convenient And Helpful
Sometimes, you can get approved for what is known as "title loans" to help you in the months when your bill comes due and you don't have the money to pay. This will help you maintain your great credit score so you can pay those bills on time, since this loan is not reported to the credit bureau.
Wisconsin Title Loans, Inc. is a good example of the convenience you can experience when getting a title loan! We offer a quick and easy process to get your loan. Our step-by-step guide is clear and simple to follow. And we offer both title loans and signature installment loans.
The process is fast enough that you can get the cash you need in just 30 minutes. You can call one of our title loans Wisconsin locations and apply over the phone or just use our title loans online form. Easy!
Main Advantages of Title Loans
- Your credit is considered whether you have no credit, bad credit, or good credit.
- You can apply regardless of what kind of income you have: W-2 wages, 1099 independent contractor, or other types.
- You can get up to $15,000 for title loans.
- The representatives are committed to top-notch customer service, giving you the service you deserve.
You Can Achieve A Great Credit Score
Just like many things in life, it just requires you to put some work and effort into it. But when life gets tough and you need some emergency cash, head over to Wisconsin Title Loans, Inc. and explore their title loans option. With it, you can avoid late payments and make sure the loan does not show on your credit report at the same time!
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.